1250 WSSP Bracket Challenge Contest Rules
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom Milwaukee, LLC, d/b/a WSSP (“Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 11800 West Grange Avenue, Hales Corners, WI 53130 during regular business hours and on the contest page on the Station’s website at: www.1250wssp.com. To the extent that the Station’s general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this contest.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or participate in the 1250 WSSP Bracket Challenge Contest (“Contest”).
- You can enter this contest starting at approximately 8pmET on March 10, 2014 (although entry may open a few hours earlier that day) through 15 minutes before the start of the final game in the tournament on April 7, 2014. To enter, go to the CONTEST section of www.1250wssp.com, then click on the “March Mayhem” graphic and complete and submit a registration/entry form with the following information:
- Your contact information (name, address, phone number and email address), and
- confirmation of the following:
- Entrant represents and warrants that he/she is over 16 years of age.
- Entrant agrees and acknowledges that Station, contest sponsors and their respective affiliates, parents, employees, agents and all other related sponsors, may use for advertising and/or promotional purposes, entrant’s name, other entry materials and/or biographical information on radio, TV broadcasts, newspaper advertisements, on websites and/or any other medium in connection with participation in this contest or otherwise, without the payment of any additional compensation.
- Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the contest rules are available to him/her at www.1250wssp.com, has had an opportunity to review them before entering this contest and agrees to be legally bound by those contest rules.
- Entrant will be required to agree to UPickem terms of service pursuant to Section 19 below.
- The entry/registration process will also require you to log into an existing account or create a free account with the game administrator, UPICKEM. You will also have option to have your Facebook profile pre-load applicable portions of the entry form but having a Facebook account is not required to enter this contest.
- Once you register/enter, your member ID will be the user ID you created. Any player attempting to make game selections close to the deadline risks the chance of not getting in his/her changes on time. Players may make as many changes as they desire to their selections until fifteen 15 minutes before the start of the affected game in any particular Round. We are not responsible for late entries, server congestion, faulty Internet connections, etc. which may cause the changes to your picks to not be made.
- There will be six separate rounds in this contest based upon the rounds of the NCAA Men’s Basketball tournament and as follows (each a “Round”):
- Round #1: 32 games between 3/18/14 and 3/19/14
- Round #2: 16 games between 3/20/14 and 3/21/14
- Round #3: 8 games between 3/22/14 and 3/23/14
- Round #4: 4 games between 3/27/14 and 3/30/14
- Round #5: 2 games on 4/5/14
- Round #6: 1 game on 4/7/14
- The following rules apply to all Contest Rounds:
- You may make picks for specific games in each particular Round from the time both teams for a specific game are known and until fifteen 15 minutes before each game in any particular Round..
- You must select the team for each listed game in each Round that you believe will be the winner of that game and predict the score for the winning and losing teams for the designated tie-breaker game for that week, subject to section (c) immediately below.
- If you fail to select a winner for any listed game in any particular Round, your pick will be the team that was selected by the majority of ALL participants and your answer to any tie-breaker questions will be the average of the respective scores selected by ALL participants and you will have no right to dispute or contest those selection by the computer for any reason. Please note that the determination of game winner and tie-breaker scores selected by “all participants” means all participants who use the Upickem software for the 2014 college brackets game nationally through many different kinds of sources and sponsors, not just the entrants of this Station contest. It is possible (although unlikely) that someone who merely registers for this contest but never completes a single bracket could be a Round or grand prize winner in this contest simply as a result of the automated computer picks assigned to all contest registrants when they do not make manual picks.
- Limit one (1) entry per UPickem account/registration and limit of one (1) registration per email address.
How to Win
- This contest requires that you determine who you think will win game in a Round, subject to Section 6 above. Each Round of the tournament is worth up to 64 points. There are 6 rounds in the tournament worth up to 384 points. You will receive 2 points for each First Round game you pick correctly. You will receive 4 points for each Second Round game you pick correctly. You will receive 8 points for each Third Round game you pick correctly. You will receive 16 points for each Fourth Round game you pick correctly. You will receive 32 points for each Fifth Round game you pick correctly. You will receive 64 points for picking the winner of the Championship game. If a game is canceled, forfeited, or indefinitely suspended for any reason, that game shall not count for any participant and scores will be computed as if the game did not exist.
- For each Round, the entrant who had the most points for that Round will be that Round’s contest winner, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the contest rules. There will be a total of six (6) Round winners (one winner for each Round). Once the tournament is over, one (1) eligible entrant who has the most number of points for all six rounds combined will win a grand prize (below), subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the contest rules.
- In the event of a tie for a Round, the tie breaker will be set forth as follows from among all tied participants using the tied entrants’ answer (or assigned answer pursuant to Section 6c above) to the tie-breaker question for that Round only: (a) the score guessed (or assigned pursuant to Section 6c above) for the winning team will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the winning team, and the difference multiplied by itself, (b) the Score guessed (or assigned pursuant to Section 6c above) for the losing team will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the losing team, and the difference is multiplied by itself, (c) the result in (a) is added to the result in (b) to obtain the "Score Approximation." The tied participant with the lowest "Score Approximation" will be deemed the winner. If a tie remains after the tiebreaker round, the winner will be chosen at random from amongst those still tied.
In the event of a tie for the highest overall score/points for the grand prize, the tie breaker will be set forth as follows from among all tied participants using the tied entrants’ answer (or assigned answer pursuant to Section 6c above) to the tie-breaker question for the final championship Round only: (a) the score guessed (or assigned pursuant to Section 6c above) for the winning team will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the winning team, and the difference multiplied by itself, (b) the Score guessed (or assigned pursuant to Section 6c above) for the losing team will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the losing team, and the difference is multiplied by itself, (c) the result in (a) is added to the result in (b) to obtain the "Score Approximation." The tied participant with the lowest "Score Approximation" will be deemed the winner. If a tie remains after that tiebreaker round, the winner will be determined based on the following criteria in this order:
a) The most points earned in the Fifth Round.
b) The most points earned in the Fourth Round.
c) The most points earned in the Third Round.
d) The most points earned in the Second Round.
e) The most points earned in the First Round.
f) If there is still a tie the computer picks a random winner from the then-remaining tied players.
- Being in a private group has no impact on winning in this contest. It is simply for entertainment purposes. The winner within any private group is not entitled to any prizes in this contest, unless they win in accordance with these contest rules from among all of the Station entrants.
This game may not be used in connection with any form of gambling. This game is strictly for entertainment purposes only and in connection with the contest described above.
- There will be six (6) Rounds during this contest: One (1) winner in each Round, upon verification of eligibility and compliance with the contest rules, will receive: (1) $25.00 gift certificate to Quaker Steak & Lube
(ARV = $150.00 total). $25.00 per round x 6 rounds. Certificates are valid for food and beverage at any participating Quaker Steak & Lube location. Visit www.thelube.com for locations. Card cannot be accepted for cash except as required by law. Issuer is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged cards or any unauthorized card use. If your purchase exceeds the unused balance of the card, you must pay for the excess at the time of purchase. Card retains unused balance.
- One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive: (1) $250 Legend of the Field gift card and winner’s choice of one (1) of the following: (a) Lunch for winner and a guest with Chuck and Wickett (AVR - $40), (b) Winner and a guest sit in on a Brewers post game show with Sparky and Tim in studio (AVR - $0) or (c) Lunch for winner and a guest with the Big Show (AVR - $40). Date and time of prize (a), (b) or (c) (as selected by winner) to be determined solely by Station.
Odds of Winning
- Odds of winning depends on the total number of eligible entries received and the relative college hoops knowledge of all entrants.
- This contest is sponsored by Entercom Milwaukee, LLC; Quaker Steak & Lube and Legends of the Field.
Other Rules specific to this contest
- For entertainment purposes only, one or more Station employees may talk about their picks and/or how they are doing in this contest. Such employees may appear on the Stats pages as entrants in this contest and/or winners or leaders in this contest. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event will any Station employee be an eligible participant in this contest and shall not be entitled to win any prizes in this contest. In the event that a Station employee is selected by the UPICKEM software as a winner, he/she shall be deemed ineligible and Station will manually award the entrant with the highest score (as set forth above) to be a weekly winner in this contest.
- Employees of UPICKEM and its affiliates, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of each are not eligible to win in this Contest. A
- This contest is in no way connected with, affiliated with or endorsed by Facebook or the NCAA, or any of its affiliated teams, players, or players union. All references to any basketball name or term is purely nominative and not intended to imply any connection, affiliation, or endorsement. This contest is not affiliated with or endorsed by the NCAA or any NCAA basketball team nor Facebook.